Reni's second word (after "mama" of course; yes, I'm proud dangit!) is "uh-oh!" This started about a week ago (or perhaps more...has anyone else noticed time is in some sort of a warped state? Anyway...) when he threw something off of his high chair, I said "uh-oh!" and he mimicked the word, lingering on the "oh" so that his cute little mouth made an O. Now, everywhere we go, he is either babbling "bah, ba, ba" or "uh-oooooooooh."
His crawl has also transformed into more of a dry-land swim across the floor. He uses both knees now, and doesn't nearly have to rely on pushing from his toes as he did before. His arms are more coordinated and he already seems to be slimming down a bit. That is, he can now wear something with a waist.
He still wakes up giggling and thinks everything is hilarious. His laugh comes from his belly and can even make Anika smile when she's in one of her "I'm two and ready to be put up for adoption" moods. He now has a fifth tooth, and his favorite thing to do besides chew on things is to bang things together or open up drawers or cupboards and bang them shut again. Noise! This one loves noise!
Yay, Reni! He looks like somebody, but I can't place who (besides himself, of course). Such a darling boy! Wish I could hug him...
ReplyDelete