My daughter chews on so much celery that she smells vaguely like chicken soup.
Ah well, at least it's comforting. And, in my opinion, it beats the heck out of some of those perfumed baby lotions out there.
Speaking of baby products, I was on the lookout for a new baby carrier after someone broke into my car on Wednesday and stole the only thing of value in there: my Ergo. It's probably more valuable to me and Anika than to a bunch of punks breaking into cars parked at hiking trailheads near major intersections at 9:30 a.m. in the morning, but, whatever. I can't live without one so I've been mildly obsessed with researching the latest and greatest over the past few days. I finally settled on the Beco and am so psyched for it to arrive.
Speaking of baby transportation, Anika has now mastered the army crawl. She's so quick that yesterday I set her down on her bum to play with some toys in the living room, went to get some coffee, and just as I'm adding sugar to the mug I heard a crash and then silence. Panicked, I rushed into the living room to see the lamp on the ground and Anika chewing on the cord with a half-proud, half what-on-earth-happened-here look on her face. I now see what my friends with older kids meant when they said, trust me, it doesn't get any easier. My only thought is: how on earth am I ever going to shower again?
Here is a video of our little mover and shaker doing the army crawl:
Anika's latest 'crawl'
No comments:
Post a Comment