We will be closer to family and lifelong friends, closer to having direct flights (yay!) and a major metro area (yay!) and also closer to better schools, more greenery and more humid air (which we are all looking forward to…I can see Becca groaning in disbelief as she reads this, but it's true and I swear I won't EVER ONCE complain about the humidity. Well, at least for the first year).
The house is under contract, the piano movers came today to pick up the piano, PODS will be here in a week and a half and I'm about halfway done with packing. The kids are helping by building forts with all the boxes and blankets and packing materials, creating tape sculptures, and running around in newly-open spaces. Today they even wrapped up some of their books, claiming that they were helping me pack. I haven't touched their rooms other than to cull out the un-used and out-grown toys, but we have talked about what color they want their rooms to be in the new house (Reni says blue! and Anika has requested pink and purple stripes with flowers too).
The kids are uber-excited to be closer to Grandma and Grandpa and their cousins, and Armando and I are looking forward to being closer to extended family. I haven't driven in snow in over a decade, so there will be that challenge to contend with this year, but other than that I know this is going to be great for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment