29 July 2013

Sleepover

Last night, while thinking of creative ways to postpone bed time, Anika announced that she and Reni were having a sleepover. They ran off down the hallway, couch pillows in tow, and set up the Thomas tent in her room so that the pillows made a "comfy place to sleep."

Then, they both settled in, and Anika proceeded to read (from memory, of course) Curious George and the Chocolate Factory. There was lots of giggling, some pretend sleep, and only a bit of scuffling towards the end. Every time I tried to peek into the tent, I got a "Mama! Don't peek! We are having our sleepover and it's just for kids."

Then this morning, as I was cuddling with Anika on the couch (as it was way too early to even contemplate moving around), Reni comes toddling out, bed-head hair on display, and cracks a big smile. He snuggled into me on the couch, then leaned over towards Anika and said, "I love you!"
Ani giggled and said, "I love you too Reni!"

MELT.

1 comment: